iqoption
Market Sessions
Trent

LEVEL 2 : NOVICE

REVIEWS 6 | REPLIES 9

Trent

September 12, 2015 at 7:59 pm

Which market session has brought you the greatest success? Sydney, Tokyo, London, or New York? Personally, I have been trading a few hours a day during the New York session, I have had decent success with it and it fits my current work schedule. I mean, New York is the biggest financial capital in the world after all! The weird thing is, I have seen a lot of binary option traders even in america trading on the Tokyo(Asian) session and the Sydney session. So i want to ask, which session do you like to trade on best?

Alex

LEVEL 10 : SENIOR

REVIEWS 9 | REPLIES 84

Alex

September 13, 2015 at 5:28 pm

Hi there Trent, nice to hear from you.

First of all, I’m glad to hear that you are having success! It would be interesting to see how you trade 😉

I, personally, like to trade the London session. I do, however, trade all of the sessions. As long as I see a valid setup, I will be sure to take the trade. I have trained myself to be a flexible trader. I know more or less, what to expect from each session, so I’m able to adapt to different styles of trading.

Looking forward to hearing what market sessions other people prefer.

Cheers,
Alex

Trent

REVIEWS 6 | REPLIES 9

Trent

September 14, 2015 at 5:19 pm

Interesting! Why do you like to trade the London session the most? Do you have any tips on trading the New York session?

Alex

REVIEWS 9 | REPLIES 84

Alex

September 14, 2015 at 6:41 pm

London session is a little bit more predictable and not as volatile as the New York session. I guess I’m just used to trading the London session and that is why I prefer it.

The New York session can be a little wild at times but also very profitable. When the US session start they will usually carry on with the trend from the London session or they will reverse it. You should be able to identify which they are doing. My tips would be to stay with the trend and trade the pullbacks. Stay away from breakout trades because “they” could be running stops and can quickly come back the other direction. Focus on areas of supply and demand and also support and resistance levels to take your trades from.

Hope this helps

Chad Sturdivant

LEVEL 1 : NEWBIE

REVIEWS 6 | REPLIES 2

chad

September 14, 2015 at 7:42 pm

Hi there guys

Believe it or not, I like to trade the Tokyo session. I found that it works very well with range trading techniques. I get scared when I see the market moving too fast so I stay away from the London and new york sessions. I must admit that it can be quite boring when the market is moving slow but hey it works for me.

Cheers

Roosevelt Mckeown

REVIEWS 6 | REPLIES 3

roosvelt

September 14, 2015 at 9:42 pm

Chad, I take my hat off to you my friend. I would most probably fall asleep if I had to watch the price action unfold during the Tokyo sess. I tend to get distracted quite easily, so if stuff is not moving I start doing other things to keep me busy. That is why I prefer to trade the New York session. The volatility keeps me interested in the market.

Thurman Keeney

REVIEWS 5 | REPLIES 2

keeney

September 14, 2015 at 11:15 pm

hey there traders!

I start trading during the London and New York overlap and continue trading the New York session. The reason why I choose this time is because there are lots of opportunities. I take around 10 trades on a average per day. The only way I can achieve this number of trades using my trading strategy is during the New York session.

Chad, I have a question for you… don’t you struggle with spreads from your broker during low volatility times? What broker do you use if I may ask? Spreads is also a big reason why I trade during high liquidity. I don’t like winning with a few pipettes, because I have realized that most brokers implement some sort of spread on their platforms.

Chad Sturdivant

REVIEWS 6 | REPLIES 2

chad

September 15, 2015 at 4:55 am

Good day Thurman

To answer your question, I have never had any real problems with regards to spreads… touch wood:-) I know that a lot of people do however have problems with spreads. I think it is probably the more shady brokers that make use of them, but I’m not sure. I use Stockpair as my broker – so far so good.

Oh, and Rossevelt, I drink lots and lots of coffee to keep me going haha!

Cheers guys

Trent

REVIEWS 6 | REPLIES 9

Trent

September 15, 2015 at 7:01 am

Alex, yes that does help thank you! I trade breakouts on the New York session and it reverses more often then i would like it to causing me to loose trades so I have been testing out a new strategy that I enter the trade once the breakouts reverse. I do want to ask, considering you said London is more predictable is it easy to trade breakouts with the London session? I’m going to trade on the
London session tonight.

Chad, if it works it works right ?!

Trent

REVIEWS 6 | REPLIES 9

Trent

September 15, 2015 at 7:02 am

Roosvelt, what advice do you have for New York session trading?

Alex

REVIEWS 9 | REPLIES 84

Alex

September 15, 2015 at 8:20 pm

Hi Trent

My answer would be YES and NO. Let me explain why:
Yes, because the market usually breaks out of the overnight trading range during the London session. This can give you good opportunities to trade a breakout kind of trade.

No, because there is normally a fake breakout of some sorts. The chances of getting burned trading breakouts at this time can be quite high sometimes.This is why I first make sure what direction the market is moving before taking pullbacks in that direction.

Let us know how you liked trading the London session when you do so.

Roosevelt Mckeown

REVIEWS 6 | REPLIES 3

roosvelt

September 15, 2015 at 11:40 pm

Hey Trent cool profile pic you have there!

Back to trading… The best advice I can give you when trading the New York sess is to avoid the high impact news at all costs. This will kill you! Make sure you are aware when these reports come out. Wait at least 10 minutes after the news to start trading again. Other than this don’t try and fight the market, just go with the flow.

REVIEWS 1 | REPLIES 1

johnwboyd

November 23, 2016 at 11:08 pm

Does anyone know of a desktop toolbar for forex news releases? News like NFP can really shift the market? It would be nice to have a pop up alert instead of having to keep on opening and refreshing the webpage for news.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.