iqoption

Forum How Did You Come Across Binary Options? [share] Reply To: How Did You Come Across Binary Options? [share]

Jed Monreal

LEVEL 2 : NOVICE

REVIEWS 7 | REPLIES 5

Sniper

September 2, 2015 at 4:03 pm

Hi interesting stories guys.

My love for trading started when I was in high school. I always wanted to be a forex trader for some reason. Probably because of all the guys on Wall Street and the amount of money they were making. I had no clue what it was all about, but I just knew that it was my passion. So one day I came across an old friend of mine in the gym. We started chatting and I asked him what he was doing as a job. To my surprise he said that he is doing Binary Options. He explained to me that he uses it to trade the Forex market. At that time I was studying Marketing and Entrepreneurship and I had to do job shadowing in a few weeks time. I thought well what better way to learn? I asked him if I could come job shadow by him. He said yes!

So when my job shadowing time came I learned that he was actually giving other traders signals on where to buy and sell. He was really good and it looked so easy at first. He told me to go study the babypips website and learn everything I could about trading. I took his advice, but I soon realized that there is much more to trading than what meets the eye. While studying I was following some of his signals until I could trade on my own. I tried all kinds of indicators like RSI, MACD, Moving Averages, Bollinger Band, Fibonacci’s, Stochastics you name it. I tried various different strading strategies, money management techniques, martingale and so on. I was basically searching for the holy grail, but like most new traders I was too naïve to realize that there is no such thing.

So after all this trouble I started reading successful traders’ stories and journals to see what they were doing different. I came to realize that all of their charts were naked with no indicators on – just the odd volume or moving average here and there. This was strange to me because why would there be so many indicators out there and they weren’t using them? I started learning about support and resistance, trend lines, price action and supply and demand. This is where trading changed for me. I started feeling connected to the market. I was beginning to see stuff before they would happen.

I think that every successful trader out there had more or less the same path as I did. It was a bumpy ride but I am finally happy with where I am 3 years later. I have had ups and downs which I think every trader should have to overcome all their fears. It is important to focus on the stuff that you struggle with for example overtrading, overthinking trades, bad money management. You need everything to line up before you can become consistently profitable. Be disciplined and trade smart. For some the journey will take longer than other but be sure that you never give up and you will succeed.

All the best
Jed Monreal
aka Sniper:-)